The Secret Of Hydration
We have been waiting for those lovely summer days to arrive. The sun is out and so are we! It means more outdoor activities such as lovely walks and picnics. It might be a good time to remind ourselves why it’s important to stay hydrated! After all, hydration is important for our bodies and overall health.
Why Staying Hydrated Is Essential
Water has an important role in the body. It optimises blood pressure, regulates body temperature, lubricates joints, moves waste out of the body, and aids in digestion. Drinking water is good for beauty as well, check here what those benefits are. During a warm day, your body is in need of hydration even more to stay cool. Pure filtered water is the best source of hydration and should be your first choice to stay hydrated. Even so, when we sweat during a warm day or while exercising, we lose a lot of important minerals. Therefore to keep our body balanced it’s important to include extra minerals when hydrating for proper H2o absorption and body functionality.
Ways To Add More Hydration
- Add Himalayan salt to your filtered water to keep the mineral balance within your body
- Squeeze lemon into your water for a Vitamin C and alkalising boost
- Drink water with along side fruits & vegetables which are rich with electrolytes such as sodium, calcium potassium and magnesium
- Try adding Aloe vera to your water – a great source of antioxidants and vitamins
- Coconut water is rich with minerals and is perfect to boost lost fluids and electrolytes
Try To Avoid Sport Drinks
Despite marketing, sports drinks are not the best option for your body. These drinks are often loaded with added sugars and artificial flavors and colors. When it comes to staying hydrated, most sports drinks contain artificial nutrients which do not get metabolised within the body properly. Rather than choosing a sport drink, opt for coconut water next time and add some mineral salt to your water for the next 24 hours. These are also fantastic options pre-workout.
Now it’s time to get active! Here are some tips for best walking and running spots in Sydney! Remember to take your water bottle with you and have fun!
[email protected] – Brit Morin