The most deliciously moist brownies you will ever taste! These Sweet Potato Brownies are a must make!!
They are the perfect GUILT FREE treat with so much hidden goodness inside. Gluten free, grain free, dairy free, refined sugar free, nut free & paleo friendly my loves. Being nut free they are also a fantastic lunch box friendly treat.
I have been having one with a cup of tea each day. Actually make that 3- all in the name of getting my veggies in!
Recipe adapted via PaleOMG!
– 1 medium sweet potato
– 3 eggs, whisked
– 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
– 1/2 cup raw honey
– 1/2 cup good quality dairy free choc chips or chocolate pieces (optional)
– 3 heaped tbs coconut flour
– 2 heaped tbs cocao powder
– 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1-2 pinchs of salt (Celtic/Himalayan preferred)
Preheat oven to 230 degrees. Cut the sweet potato in half and punch holes all around it with a fork. Throw in the oven for 30-40 minutes until it is soft and cooked through. Peel off the skin and mash it in a bowl.
Alternately peel and cut the sweet potato into pieces and boil until soft. Mash in a bowl.
Turn the oven down to 190 degrees.
Mix to in the coconut oil, honey, vanilla and eggs. Then add the coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and choc chips if you choose and combine well.
Pour onto a lined baking tray and bake for 30-35 minutes.
Let them rest to cool for a bit and slice into desired proportions.
Enjoy while they are warm!
- No Comments
- BareVitality, brownies, cleaneating, Dairy free, gluten free, grain free, guilt free, health, Nut free, paleo, recipe, Sugar free, sweet potato brownies, Sweetpotato