Did you know 1 serving of Matcha powder is equivalent to 10 cups of green tea!!
So what is Matcha?
Matcha powder is a finely ground, bright green tea powder. It is a natural, organic green tea which has been the heart of the famous Japanese tea ceremony for over 900 years. The Buddhist monks honored matcha tea as the ‘health elixir’. Matcha is prepared from a high-quality shade-grown leaf known as tencha. The tea bushes are sheltered to avoid the exposure of direct sunlight. This provides the leaves with a darker shade of green and stimulates the production of chlorophyll and amino acids.
Why I love Matcha:
1. An antioxidant powerhouse: According to the latest innovation in antioxidant research, Matcha is packed with exponentially more antioxidants than any other superfood. This helps build a strong defence up against infection and disease. One of these unique antioxidants in particular, catechises, provides potent anti ageing properties. As we know an external glow is a direct result of internal health!
2. Detoxifies the body: The chlorophyll profile in the powder allows it to cleanse and detoxify the body.
3. Boosts energy: Healthier than a cup of coffee, matcha contains a natural caffeine component to boost energy.
4. Assists mental functions: A serving of match will boost concentration and focus as a result of its rich L-Theinine profile.
Matcha White Chocolate Slice:
This recipe I put together as part of my BareVitality PT client christmas goodie bags last year. A big hit!!
1.5 cups of almond meal
1 cup natural vanilla protein powder (I used Quest protein powder for this recipe)
1 tbs matcha powder
2 tbs tahini
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 cup goji berries
Its as easy as blending all the ingredients (minus the goji berries) together in a high speed blender or food processor. Spoon the mixture onto baking paper on a tray. Sprinkle with goji berries and place in the fridge to set.
An hour or 2 later you can slice it up into desired shape and size ready to be consumed. It is very rich so you will only need small slices 🙂
Store in a sealed container or jar in your fridge.
If you liked this recipe you will love my raw chocolate recipe here!
- No Comments
- health benefits of matcha powder, matcha, recipe, Superfood, white chocolate