I absolutely love banana bread toasted with melted butter on top and a warm cup of tea.
When I was originally told I needed to stay away from gluten this was one of the many loved foods I wasn’t ready to say goodbye to. So here you have it, a grain free, sugar free, dairy free banana bread that is actually healthy. The usual banana breads you buy have the nutritional value of cakes so don’t let the ‘bread’ part fool you. This flavoursome and moist banana and coconut bread recipe is perfect for an on the go snack, to put in the kids lunch boxes, or heated up with a dollop of Greek yogurt or ricotta cheese and sliced banana or berries on top for a healthy dessert.
The dates and bananas give the recipe its natural sweetness, however add some extra honey or nativia if you have an extra sweet tooth.
– 3 bananas mashed
-10-15 dates, pre soaked, seeded and roughly chopped
– 4 eggs
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
– 1 tsp bicarb soda
– 1 cup shredded coconut
– 2/3 cup coconut flour
-1/3 cup LSA
– 1 tsp cinnamon
1) Preheat Oven 180 degrees
2) Mix bananas, dates, cinnamon, bicarb, vanilla, coconut oil and eggs together.
3) Add LSA, coconut flour and shredded coconut.
4) Place mix into a lined baking loaf tin and cook for about 30 minutes. Test with a skewer if the mixture is cooked inside.
5) Remove from oven & allow to cool slightly before removing from tin.
Best kept refrigerated in an air locked container.
- No Comments
- Banana and coconut bread, Dairy free, gluten free, grain free, healthy, healthy banana bread, LSA, paleo, Sugar free