Imagine a muffin that is gluten/grain, refine sugar and dairy free. Concentrated with wholesome goodness and tastes moist, rich and delicious with beautiful natural flavours.
I just enjoyed the last crumb of one of these magical muffins.
They are perfect way to sneak some goodness into the kids lunch boxes, as a satisfying snack for yourself, or for those of you who struggle with breakfast (although a proper sit down breakfast is always prefered).
– 2 heaped tbs nut butter
– 3 eggs
– 2 tbs honey (optinal)
– 2 cups almond meal
– 1 cup shredded coconut
– 2 heaped tbs LSA (linseed, sunflower seed, almonds ground together)
– 1 tsp cinnamon or to taste (I love lots)
– pinch of salt
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
– 1/2 cup chopped dates *
– 1 green apple cored and diced *
Low carb muffins
Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees.
Grease a muffin tin or line with paper muffin wrappers. Not necessary if using a silicon tray.
Mix together the nut butter, honey and eggs.
Add the coconut, almond meal, LSA, baking soda and powder, salt and cinnamon. Once thoroughly combined, fold through the dates and apple.
Spoon the mixture evenly into the muffin tray. Should make 10-12 depending on desired size.
Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly brown on top and cooked through the middle.
Enjoy them while they are hot!
To store, allow muffins to completely cool and place in a sealed container in the fridge.
* If using a thermomix, chop dates on speed 7 for 3 seconds, then add apple and chop on speed 5 for 3 seconds.
- 2 Comments
- Apple, coconut, date muffins, Gluten Free muffins, Health muffins, low carb muffins, pale