This Avocado Oil Chocolate Cake recipe was too good not to share! Not one of my creations, rather recipe curtesy of Teresa Cutter, The Healthy Chef sent to me along with a bottle of Grove avocado oil and fresh avocados. How could I resist?
Full of high quality fats and antioxidants! Gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free and so amazingly moist.
I made this recipe for Mother’s Day this year and it was a big hit by everyone!
Avocado Oil Chocolate Cake Recipe:
- 1⁄2 cup Grove avocado oil
- 1⁄2 cup almond milk
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 4 organic eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 3 cups almond meal
Avocado Frosting to serve:
To make the avocado frosting combine the flesh from 2 ripe avocados,
1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup, 1⁄2 cup coconut cream, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 1⁄2 cup dark cocoa powder and a generous pinch of sea salt. Blend until smooth and use as the frosting for the cake.
- Preheat your oven to 160°C fan forced.
- Combine avocado oil, almond milk, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla into a bowl. ADD the baking powder, cocoa and almond meal and mix through until combined. BAKE for 45 minutes until cooked then remove from the oven to cool.
- Combine frosting ingredients until smooth then ice the cake generously.
- Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- No Comments
- avocado oil, chocolate, chocolate cake, Dairy free, gluten free