Healthy Snickers Balls!!
So this healthy snickers balls recipe all began because I saw a chocolate bar advertisment on the television and because I suppose thats the job of the add, I started to seriously crave snicker’s chocolate bars!! Tell me I’m not the only one?
I am a big believer in not depriving yourself of foods you love. Rather switch them to healthy alternatives and enjoy mindfully in moderation.
So I have created for you (and me) a healthy gluten free, vegan, dairy free and refined sugar free snickers balls recipe. It was going to be a bar however I am also all for quick and simple recipes that are achievable for anyones lifestyle……. and well a bar added at least an extra 20 minutes on preparation time.
Now before we get to the recipe, I can honestly say this is one of my BEST treat recipes in years!! The few people who did try one of my trial batches were amazed that number 1 they were actually healthy and number 2 how much they really tasted like the real thing, yet even more indulgent!
Give this healthy snickers balls recipe a go and let me know what you think?
Healthy Snickers Balls Recipe!
Makes around 12 Balls:
1 cup raw cashews
1 cup mixed raw seeds (I used pepita & sunflower seeds)
2 tbs coconut oil
1 cup dates, pitted and pre soaked
1 tsp vanilla extract or paste
1 tbs cocao powder
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup crunchy natural peanut butter (I used Pics Peanut Butter)
2 tbs maple syrup
Himalayan salt to taste
- In a fry pan on a medium to high heat, melt 1 tbs of the coconut oil. Then lightly roast the cashews and seeds in the coconut oil. Turing over regularly. Take out of the fry pan and allow to cool.
- Combine in a food processor or high speed blender the dates, vanilla, cocao powder and desiccated coconut to create the base.
- In the same fry pan combine the remaining coconut oil, peanut butter, maple syrup and salt to create a peanut buttery caramel like sauce.
- Stir through the base the roasted nuts/ seeds and the sauce.
- Roll into generous sized balls and set in the fridge.