Protein porridge- the perfect start to your day
Breakfast being the most important meal of the day, revving up our metabolisms and providing us with energy and vitamins for whatever the day ahead brings requires a meal containing protein, good fats and must be sustainable in our tummies.
With these cold mornings at the moment, this goodness packed protein porridge is perfect to tackle that busy morning that lays ahead.
The honey and cinnamon together have amazing health benefits and healing properties. The two will also strengthen your immune system, protecting you from those winter bugs going around.
– 1 1/4 cups water
– 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
– 1/4 cup almond milk (or desired milk choice)
– 1 tbs chia seeds
– 1/2 – 1 scoop of natural protein powder (I used a vanilla protein powder)
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 1 spoon of coconut oil
– 1 tsp raw honey (optional)
– 1 spoon bee pollen
– 1/4- 1/2 banana sliced
– 1 tbsp natural yogurt
– 1 tbs nut butter (optional)
– 1/4 cup shredded coconut
Bring the water and quinoa flakes to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer for 2 minutes. Take off heat and mix the milk through.
Stir in the coconut oil, chia seeds, bee pollen, cinnamon, honey & protein powder.
Serve with sliced banana, shredded coconut, nut butter & yogurt or any other toppings of preference.
- No Comments
- almond milk, banana, bee pollen, breakfast, chia seeds, coconut oil, easy, healthy, honey cinnamon, porridge, Protein porridge, quick, quinoa, recipe
You must be logged in to post a comment.