Meat-Free Days – The benefits + recipes!
Whilst Meat-Free Monday’s are definitely a trend, a meat-free day on any day of the week can be extremely beneficial for a number of reasons. A plant based diet is not going to be for all of us, however incorporating 1-2 meat free days of eating a week boasts many benefits to your overall wellbeing. Plant based diets are those which incorporate a wide range of fruits and vegetables, grains, beans, legumes and nuts and therefore are rich in fibre, vitamins, minerals and other important nutrients. Below shares some of the benefits from incorporating even just 1-2 meat free days/ week.
Potential Benefits Of Incorporating Meat-Free Days
- Improvement in mood and mental health
- Reduced inflammation in the body
- Reduced fatigue and increased energy from a wider range of nutrients available
- Saves money- generally plant based cooking is less expensive than buying meat products
- Less environmental impact
- Improved digestive and bowl health
- Inner detoxification for the bodily systems
- Assists with longevity
- Improves cardiovascular health
- Lowers cholesterol and controls blood sugar levels by eating plant based foods high in fibre
- Reduced risk of chronic disease and illness such as diabetes, cancer and stroke
- Improved sleep quality
- Assist in athletic performance
- Weight management
The BareVitality Studio Online Program, Mondays are a cleansing plant based day to positively start the week. Planning ahead is important when it comes to having a meat-free days so choosing a set day/s each week really helps with consistency. Food prepping the day before can also assist and many restaurants, cafes and food outlets now provide healthy plant based meal options for when your out and about.
Here are some healthy plant based recipes to get you started.