Indoor Plants: aesthetically enhance and purify your home
Recently we have been really focused on maintaining the indoor plants in the BareVitality Studio. I’ll admit, although they do not require high maintenance, the BV studio’s plants have been needing that extra love given the humidity of the warmer months. Seeing us water the plants before classes has drawn attention to them by clients and lead to a few discussions about the benefits of plants for our health and wellbeing.
So we have put together this blog post, in the hope of answering some of your questions and potentially encourage you to make your indoor spaces a little greener.
The great thing about indoor plants is that not only will they improve the aesthetics of your house or office, your health will highly benefit from being surrounded by plants and their many holistic benefits.
By investing in indoor plants, you will notice an improvement in your breathing. As the infamous NASA studies show, plants purify the air of harmful organic compounds. Plants will generate oxygen around you and absorb carbon dioxide. The effects of this have been known to help increase sleep in people who normally struggle to get their 8 hours of sleep.
There are tons of other health benefits that come from owning indoor plants, some of which include:
- Filter microbes- Certain types of plants, such as English Ivy, help to reduce mould. Mould can be very damaging, and mould allergies can become severe with symptoms including fever, tightness in the chest, itching. Etc.
- Help increase humidity and moisture in the air. This, in turn, decreases dry skin, coughs, flues, etc.
- Indoor plants can be great in a work environment as they help to improve productivity, concentration, memory, and efficiency.
- Help reduce stress and anxiety.
- Growing your own Aloe Vera plant can be extremely beneficial as it has multiple uses which include healing properties such as soothing sunburn, promotes hair growth when used as a conditioner etc.
Some of BV’s favourite indoor plants to include in your collection are:
- Spider Plant
- Weeping Fig
- Peace Lily
- Boston Fern. ..
- Snake Plant/Mother-in-Law’s Tongue
- Bamboo Palm
- Areca palm
- Aloe Vera
- Baby rubber
- Chinese evergreen
What are your favourite type of indoor plants?
Image @pinterest (unknown source)