Hair Care From Your Kitchen Cupboard
Hair care is something we often overlook. Supermarkets and chemists are filled with hair products wall to wall. How many advertisements on TV do we see promoting hair treatments claiming to fix your hair, making it stronger, longer and shinier.
Often we use chemical filled hair products. However, we forget that any substance you rub on your skin or inhale will enter your body just as if you had swallowed it.
Ingredients in hair products such as shampoo often can cause flaky and dry skin and irritation to the body and scalp.
Here are 5 of the main chemicals found in shampoo and conditioner that you should avoid…
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate can strip moisture from the scalp and skin.
- Sodium Laureth Sulfate can cause irritation to the skin and eyes
- Parabens have been linked to reproductive issues
- Fragrance can cause many toxic side effects to the body
- Polyethylene Glycol can cause irritation and toxicity to the skin
Organic and natural hair care on the other hand is nourishing for hair, without the many harmful chemicals found in common hair products.
Some Benefits Of Natural Hair Care Include…
- It doesn’t strip your scalp of the essential oils and cleans it with a much milder formula
- It is safer for your skin. Many of the ingredients in natural hair care are recommended for sensitive skin.
- Organic hair care uses natural products, benefiting both the environment and waterways.
- Natural hair products are free from synthetic chemicals and irritants.
- Overtime, natural hair products result in shiny, strong and healthy locks!
Some Natural Hair Care Products From Your Kitchen Cupboard…
- Coconut oil deeply conditions the hair, detangles and treats dandruff
- Apple Cider Vinegar is balancing for the hair, has antibacterial and anti fungal properties
- Honey seals in moisture, strengthens hair and stimulates growth
- Beer surprisingly strengthens your hair and promotes shine
- Lemon stimulates growth and has lightening properties especially for blonde hair
- Olive oil can be used to rid dandruff and help fix fly-aways and split ends
- Egg whites applied to clean damp hair can help ease dry or brittle hair
- Try mashing a banana and avocado together for a quick and easy hair mask for stronger and softer hair
So instead of reaching for that bottle of shampoo, why not reach for one of the ingredients in your kitchen cupboard to treat your hair naturally! If you want to learn more about natural beauty tips, read this post about ways to have healthy and natural skin!
[Image @ Pinterest]