Cleansing With Sage Ritual
Before we moved into our new home I bought a big bundle of sage to cleanse the space or all energy and spirits and make it ours. Smudging sage or cleansing with sage is a beautiful healing ritual to create a clear slate to ones body, mind or space. In my opinion, essential when moving into a new place, when diving into deep personal shifts &/ or meditative states and when you associate negativity with anything or anyone.
Sage derived from the Latin word “salvere”, which means “to heal.”
Below I have outlined a guide to creating your own cleansing with sage ritual of a space and your person in that space.
Space Cleansing With Sage Ritual:
- Open all windows, cupboards and doors to allow all that is negative to leave.
- Light the sage smudge stick at a 45 degree angle & allow to burn for 20 seconds or so. Blow out the flames gently, allowing it to smoulder.
- Set your intention for the ritual. I like to use – “I clear this space of all that is bad & negative & anything that is not aligned with love & light”.
- Start by cleansing & blessing yourself, head to feet with the smoke.
- Then your home or space. Start at the front door & move clock wise around the home focusing on spreading the smoke in every corner & cupboard. You can continue to chant the intention or your ritual as you make your way through the space.
- Conclude back at the front door where you began.
- Extinguish the sage by smothering the top using a fireproof surface, sand or dirt. Avoid using water so you are able to use the sage again.
- Leave all cupboards, windows and doors open for ideally a couple hours or as long as you can to allow all energy to release and exit from you space and also the sage smoke smell to die down.
I usually buy my sage from Natures Energy.
While cleansing your home and space, you may like to look at ways to create a more eco friendly home..
And for more holistic health, wellbeing and fitness tips and practices, check out our online studio. Head HERE for 7 day FREE Unlimited Access!