Chia Breakfast Parfait
Ok yes the chia puddings are a bit of a craze at the moment but they also have good reason to be in the spot light.
1. Chia seeds are a great source of protein, omegas, fibre, calcium and vitamin C and are gluten free.
2. They are so easy and quick to make.
3. A guilt free indulgence.
4. Will leave you feeling full and satisfied.
5. There are so many variations to the chia pudding/ parfait. Adding different superfoods and fruits allows you to get creative and enjoy a nutritional boost.
Here is a basic chocolate breakfast parfait recipe full of magnesium, protein, calcium and many other health benefits to start your day with a healthy indulgence and energy hit.
Superfood start 101!!
3 tbs chia seeds
1 heaped tbs cocao powder
3/4 cup almond milk, oat or coconut milk
1 tsp nativia or honey
3 tbs pot set natural yogurt
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1-2 tbs cocao nibs
1 tsp nut butter
Combine together the chia seeds, milk, cocoa powder and nativia in a bowl. Allow to stand for 5 minutes while the chia seeds expand.
In a glass add 2 heaped tbs of the chia pudding, then top with a layer of the shredded coconut and a tbs of yogurt. Repeat this process adding the rest of the chia mixture, shredded coconut and then yogurt.
Last of all top with your nut butter of choice and cocao nibs.
This recipe can also be made the night before and enjoyed pre made the next morning or in a jar for on the go.
A layer of berries, banana, pepita seeds etc can also be a great addition.
- 1 Comment
- breakfast, calcium, Chia breakfast parfait, chia pudding, chia seeds, fibre, gluten free, indulgence, magnesium, omega's, on the go, protein, Sugar free, superfoods
This looks lovely, and so yummy!