Almond Butter Chocolate Truffles- Healthy Easter Treats!
With Easter on its way I wanted to create a healthy indulgent chocolate recipe to enjoy with family and friends. These Almond Butter Chocolate Truffles are gluten free, dairy free, vegan, refined sugar free and deliciously rich and creamy.
Easter doesn’t have to be about restricting ourselves from chocolate. Just switch to healthier versions that leaving you feeling nourished, not unbalanced! The high quality fats in this recipe will leave you feeling satisfied and assist in your bodies metabolism + an outer glow. The cocao powder will give you a mineral boost and the oats will level out your blood sugar levels.
These whole food chocolate truffles will have everyone talking and not have a single clue they are actually HEALTHY haha!!
Test it out and see if anyone actually can guess that they are completely refined sugar free, GF, DF, vegan etc…
Almond Butter Chocolate Truffles Recipe:
Almond Butter Filling:
1 cup almond butter
2 tbs maple syrup
Pinch of sea salt
2 tbs coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
1 cup oats
1 cup coconut shredded
2 tbs cocao powder
2 tbs of the almond filling
1 cup vegan chocolate or chocolate of choice
- Blend in a high speed blender all the almond butter filling ingredients together until smooth and creamy. Leave 2 tablespoons worth of the filling in the blender and place the rest of the filling in a bowl to the side.
- Add the oats, shredded coconut and cocao powder into the blender with the 2 tbs of filling. Blend until smooth.
- Roll the truffle mixture into little balls and then slightly flatten with the back of a spoon. Then make an indent in the middle of each truffle for the filling to sit in.
- Scoop a generous teaspoons worth of filling into the middle of each truffle.
- Melt the chocolate using the double bowl and hot water method.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the truffles.
- Place in the fridge to set.
In prep for Easter you may also want to check out these healthy hot cross bun recipes.