A Healthier Forrero Rocher
The supermarkets piled in the Easter chocolates, what feels like months ago and the Forrero Rochers sit there in their perfect gold wrapping, looking so inviting to be bought (and eaten).
My philosophy is never to deprive yourself of what you love, rather create or find healthier and more suitable options to be able to indulge (in moderation) on treats without your health suffering. So here we have a gluten-free, dairy free, refined sugar-free, additive free, clean Forrero Rocher.
Would love to see your BareVitality Forrero Rochers on social media:
Tag #barevitality @claudiabarevitality on instagram xx
– 1 cup pitted dates, pre soaked in water for 10 minutes & drained
– 2 tbs cocao powder
– 2 tbs coconut oil, melted
– 2 tbs coconut sugar
– 2 tbs coconut milk
– 2 tsp vanilla extract
-2 tsp hazelnut extract
– pinch Himalayan salt
– 2/3 cup raw hazelnuts
– 50g of chocolate of choice, broken up (If you are unable to get a dairy and sugar-free option, a 70%+ quality dark chocolate in next best)
1) On a medium heat, dry roast the hazelnut for 5-8 minutes. Once ready wipe off the outer shell on 12 of the hazelnuts and put aside. Roughly chop the rest.
2) In a blender combine the dates, cocao powder, coconut oil, milk and sugar, the vanilla and hazelnut extract and salt. Blend on a high speed until you have a smooth and glossy fudge like mixture.
3) Spoon a heaped tbs of the mixture onto a sheet of baking paper on top of a board or plate, shaping it into a rough ball. Push one of the whole hazelnuts into the middle of each ball of mixture. Place in the freezer for at least 15 minutes to harden.
4) In the mean time, place the chocolate in a small glass or ceramic bowl. Fill your kitchen sink with hot water that will come half way up the bowl. Place the bowl in the sink and stir every couple of minutes until the chocolate is melted.
5) Take the choc hazelnut balls out of the freezer and carefully spoon melted chocolate over the top of each. Then top with the chopped hazelnuts and place back in the freezer for a further 30 minutes.
They are now ready to enjoy or gift these healthy delights.
Store in the fridge.
Happy Easter my loves xx